OPEN MARKET HOG SHOW Show Date - Wednesday, July 25, 2018 Place – Witham Health Services Pavillion Check-in 12:00 Noon -2:00 PM (scales in swine barn) Show Time - 3:00 PM Entry Fee: $7 per
OPEN MARKET HOG SHOW
Show Date – Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Place – Witham Health Services Pavillion
Check-in 12:00 Noon -2:00 PM (scales in swine barn)
Show Time – 3:00 PM
Entry Fee: $7 per head
Chairman: Joe Grinstead
General Show Information
- The show is open to any exhibitor; market barrows and gilts are both eligible for entry.
- Classes will be divided by weights; barrows and gilts, crossbreds and purebreds will all show together.
- All entries must be in place by 2:00 PM on Wednesday, July 29. Show will start at approximately 3:00 PM.
- A market hog shall be defined as a gilt or barrow being produced and raised for slaughter purposes. All market hogs must have been farrowed after January 1, 2018 in order to be eligible for the show.
- 4-H weights will be used for open show classes. Only hogs not exhibited at the 4-H Swine Show or where not weighed for the 4-H swine show need to be weighed.
- Trucking will not be available for hogs.
- Hogs must weigh at least 200 lbs.
Mini 4-H Classes
We will begin the open show with the mini 4-H classes. Mini 4-H’ers should secure a pig from another 4-H’er or bring in their own pig if they would like to show in the open show as well.
Contest starts immediately after the Mini 4-H classes.
You will not need to sign up, we will call the classes to the showring using the Public-Address system.
- Contest open to any non-4-H child age 6 to 9 years old during calendar year.
- Contestant should secure their own pig.
- All participants will be awarded a ribbon upon completion.
Boone County Pork Producers
(Wednesday) 3:00 pm - 9:00 pm
WITHAM HEALTH SERVICES PAVILION